Friday 3 April 2015

BEING CREATIVE (Debut designer)


Tell us about your label, Being Creative, and how it all began.
I’m an artist/creative-type and work in many media including painting, photography and writing and recently I’ve returned to my roots, ceramics. Testing out new designs led me to smaller one-off wearable art pieces and now I’m revelling in the creative possibilities.


What do you love about working with ceramics?
I love the tactile nature of working with fine clay and the way it can be intricately formed into sculptural pieces. I am a hands-on designer and I enjoy building structures. Glaze and firing technology is a mysterious and awe-inspiring process that turns earth and raw elements into beautiful glass-like objects and I am often delighted by the surprise factor.

 

Where do you draw your inspiration from?
Art is in everything. I am constantly soaking up the beauty of nature and the richness of built structures. I work instinctively, but I am informed by the world around me.


What can market-folk expect to find at the April event?
Unique one-off jewellery designed and hand-made by Jeni McMillan, the artist.
 
 
What is it about Hustle&Scout that made you want to be a stallholder?
Hustle&Scout has a great reputation. I’ve returned to Canberra after living for years in France and would appreciate the opportunity to be part of a vibrant art and design culture.
 
 
 

MY FAVE THINGS


New moons, leaping of cliffs into crystal clear water and creating something unexpected.

Guilty pleasure: Counting my blog hits at 2am
 
What you wanted to be when you grew up: Wonder woman.
 
Fav fashion piece you own: A burnt orange trench coat
 
Place to unwind in Canberra: Mt Ainslie
 
Your role model/s: Frida Carlo and Picasso because they dared to be different.

No comments :

Post a Comment