Monday 22 September 2014

Sheesh Handmade


Tell us a bit about your label and why you started designing clothes.
Sheesh has developed from a love of fabrics. Sheesh skirts celebrate beautiful fabrics – colour, texture, quality fabrics with a vintage flavour. Every skirt has its own personality and style. Sheesh was started 7 years ago when I struggled to find clothing in the shops for myself that fitted comfortably and were made well with quality fabrics. I started making my own clothes to wear to work and people started to comment and ask where I had bought them from.

Sheesh skirts were developed as the skirt for everyone. They are cut in way to fit a variety of body types and shapes and are suitable for work, travel and relaxing. They have a wide stretch waist band which allows for wear during different life stages including pregnancy, weight fluctuations and after surgery.

Sheesh designs have a practical focus which is influenced by my background working as an Occupational therapist.
 




What has brought you the most joy from your creative practice?
The best part of creating my own clothing is when I get to see the skirt on the person it was made for. I love colour and the way the right colours can light up a person when they complement eye colour, hair colour and skin tones.

 
What can market folk expect to find at the spring market?
They will find the most comfortable skirt they have ever worn and will get the chance to play with colour and fun prints to find the skirt to suit their own sense of style and personality.

 
What makes your label unique?
My vast collection of fabrics is what makes my label unique. I enjoy the sense of adventure in using prints that are unexpected in clothing.

 

MY FAV THINGS.


Guilty pleasure: I love a long bath paired with a coffee and a good book.

First song on your ultimate mixtape: The first song that springs to mind is “Gold” by Spandau Ballet – maybe that should have been in answer to the “Guilty Pleasure” question!

Fashion item you own: I have a huge collection of boots – I would happily have a pair of boots in every colour.

Place to unwind in Canberra: I love to visit the Portrait Gallery whenever I can.

Thing you have made: I have always enjoyed making and putting my hand to a variety things but my proudest achievement was 2 side tables I made out of old fence posts from my garden.
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment