Sunday 14 July 2013

Designer a day: SATURDAY


Tonight's lil 1980s mustard number was purchased from Canberra's one and only, Librarian Chic. I LOVE this dress and wish I had more opportunities to wear it. It's rather sculptural, which really appeals to me - it makes me feel like I'm wearing a retro piece of art. 

The gorgeous earrings above were a commissioned piece organised by my lovely friend, Belle. She designed the earrings specifically for me as a wedding gift (sorry Simon) and worked closely with Melbourne jewellery designer, Aurelia Yeomans, to realise the final design. Belle told me she wanted something raw and rustic-feeling, oval to go with the shape of my ear and face, silver to go with my fair complexion, and a little 'bling' to transform them into a versatile piece for formal and informal use. There is a 'T' engraved on one, and an 'S' on the other. Belle said, 'like Simon and you, these earrings are a pair, and one cannot exist without the other'.

Five diamonds were selected specifically to represent balance. I did not understand this at first, but I learnt today that balance boils down to odds, not evens. This is what I love about fashion and design - so many pieces are designed with very carefully considered concepts in mind. The fact that these were designed for MY ear shape, face shape and complexion, AND are intended to represent the love between my man and me makes them SO much more special. 

No comments :

Post a Comment