Sunday 14 July 2013

Designer a day: SUNDAY (the last day of the challenge!)



Today is the final day for my 'designer a day' challenge. I think I did alright! I was really happy to see that my wardrobe consisted of so many pieces by Australian designers and from local, Canberra businesses. 

Sunday's outfit consists of drop-crotch Peter Plaid jodhs by designer Soto Smith (sotosmith.com). I cannot get enough of these pants - they are so comfy and warm and I can't help but feel a little swagger come on when I throw these bad-boys on :) I am also wearing a thrifted Ralph Lauren shirt (thank you Salvos Fyshwick) and a recycled, velvet bow-tie brooch by 9 Lives Re-creation. 

WELL! That was an interesting week of taking shameless selfie's...not really used to the concept, but all to make a point. Hustle&Scout is really about championing Australian designers and one-of-a-kind fashion pieces. I'm not suggesting mass-produced consumer brands are bad, but if we have more access to unique, Australian designer fashion then why not support our home-grown talent?! This is what Hustle&Scout hopes to instill in all of its future customers. 

No comments :

Post a Comment