Wednesday 2 September 2015

Dint Designs.

Tell us about your label, Dint Designs, and what inspires your designs?
Dint designs is hand crafted contemporary jewellery made by me in Canberra. I love making jewellery, starting with a piece of metal and creating something that someone will choose to wear and hopefully love as much as I do. Textures influence me - I love the way different textures look, feel and reflect light.
What do you hope to achieve over the coming year for your label?
To have more time to experiment with different pieces.
What did your love of jewellery evolve?
I have loved jewellery for as long as I can remember. I used to love trying on my mum’s jewellery when I was growing up. My parents gave me a gold bangle when I was a young girl and it ended up having to be cut-off my wrist as it wouldn’t come off anymore. I still have the two pieces of cut bangle and they hang above my jewellers workbench.
Tell us about your workspace...
My workshop is setup in my house in Canberra and has relaxed feel. My workbench is under a window that has great light.
What can market-folk expect to find at the September 12 event?
Lots of earrings, rings, necklaces and bangles made from sterling silver, copper and brass.

MY FAVE THINGS
Meal to have cooked for you: Absolutely anything cooked by my amazing mum.

What you wanted to be when you grew up: A superhero would have been fun!! But as that wasn’t an option… I had absolutely no idea and loved changing my mind weekly. I would always dream of different things. Now at the age of 36 I have found that thing and I love it!

Australian jewellery designer: No one specific, I’ve always loved unique handmade pieces that have character. I have mostly bought jewellery from markets.

Song on your ultimate mix tape: I love most music but don’t have an ultimate song as there are just too many to choose from.

Piece of jewellery you have made: I love my twin spinner ring with a copper and silver spinner. I wear it everyday and play with it a lot.

No comments :

Post a Comment