Saturday 10 August 2013

A week to think, learn and listen.

Hey friends. Gee, it's been a while since I've immersed myself into the online world. I guess that's what happens when you are without reception and surrounded by big, beautiful rock formations like this ol'gal...



Siiigh. Now THAT is a beautiful thing. 

I've spent the last week in our beautiful red desert, sleeping in a swag under the stars, eating damper, riding camels, hiking through canyons and meeting new people from all over the world. I learnt so many interesting things about the land and about Aboriginal Creation stories - it really reinforced to me how important it is to explore this country, and to take time off to really clear your mind. Life can get a little crazy, but you only start to go a little crazy yourself if you don't take the time to put things into perspective and take a BREATH. 

While I was away, Hustle&Scout was growing without me. Applications continued to roll in, two masks were being made in Los Angeles for the Hustle&Scout characters (stay tuned), and City News published a little number about the event too, nice. 



I saw two shooting stars one night and knew it was a sign that good things are to come. When I got home I caught up with the lovely Sarah from Palace Electric in the NewActon Nishi. Now, put two and two together and it's clear to see that Palace and Hustle&Scout are going to be neighbours four times a year. In our mutual desires to bring more buzz to our 'hood' and think outside the box, we kick-started the beginnings of what will be a supportive and exciting relationship. All I can say right now is that if you want to come to the H&S street party on 21 September, you're going to want to get to know your other neighbours.

Palace is an exciting addition to Canberra, a hidden gem. We are similar, in a way, as we're both in the arts game for quality and innovation, and we both share a love for all that is classic vintage (see the Vintage Electric program - Gone with the Wind AND Breakfast at Tiffany's are screening around the time of the inaugural market). BEST. Watch this space for more exciting updates on this new collaboration :)


PS: APPLICATIONS CLOSE TOMORROW NIGHT (SUNDAY 11TH!)

No comments :

Post a Comment