Friday 29 November 2013

There once was a Rosefinch and Belle...

Local Canberra jewellery label, Rosefinch & Belle, will be joining the Hustle&Scout family come 14 December, and we are very excited to have them on board. When selecting stallholders, we not only prioritise quality of product, but also the the uniqueness of the product. Rosefinch & Belle pieces tick both of these boxes - their necklaces, earrings, pendants, brooches and cufflinks are all handmade, one-of-a-kind and are fun and colourful. Pieces are crafted from perspex, wood, glass, resin and other wonderfully pretty materials. My favourite pieces are the perspex earrings and brooches, particularly the bird shaped ones - they're delicate, playful and they shine when the light bounces off them - divine. Andrea Wild is the brains behind Rosefinch & Belle, and this evening she gives us a quick sneak-peak into her story...







How did you get into making jewellery?
My original source of inspiration to begin making jewellery was the perspex sweetheart jewellery that my grandpa made for my grandma during WWII from perspex salvaged from fighter planes and bombers.


How would you describe your label’s design aesthetic?
I would describe the design aesthetic of my jewellery label, Rosefinch & Belle, in the words of Arts and Crafts designer William Morris: “Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.” I think his advice works for as well for jewellery as it does for furniture.


Where do you draw your inspiration from for your designs?
I am inspired by the clean lines of Art Deco architecture.


If you had the opportunity to design a fashion piece for anyone, who would it be?
I’d like to design a piece of fashion jewellery just for me, without giving a moment’s thought to whether or not it would sell!


What is your absolute favourite thing you have made? Why?
I love my fantail earrings cut from mirrored perspex. They are a gorgeous shape and reflect the light and colours of the surroundings when you wear them.


What are 5 things you can’t live without?

When it comes to making my jewellery line, I can’t live without the basics: pliers, jump rings, brooch pins, ear wires and organza bags!




No comments :

Post a Comment