Saturday 5 April 2014

A bag of fun!

Every fashionista needs a good quality handbag. It's one of those fashion staples, like shoes, which can really make or break a look. What, then, would a boutique fashion market be without a handbag label on the premises?

Lucky for us, Jade Stone will return to Hustle&Scout this Saturday with an array of gorgeous soft leather handbags and clutches for us all to ''ooo'' and ''aah'' over. Jade, if you have not come across her before, is a woman of many talents (DJ, designer, dancer) and a Canberra creative worth watching. Her pieces are versatile and edgy, and reveal a careful eye for practicality in colour choice and shape. Jade Stone clutches are always fun, featuring beautiful embellishments such as detailed bead work and bold patterns that make them the perfect feature piece against the canvas of a more simple and refined outfit, or a colourful addition to an mixed-print outfit. Jade will be selling her handbags alongside close designer friends Nastia Zaric of Zaric Jewellery and Zoe Brown of Wnd.lnd. If you're in the market for a new bag, then wait a week - it will be worth it.




What is it about Hustle&Scout that made you want to re-apply to be a stallholder?
I guess I'm a little bit attached to H&S now! Haha I would need to have a decent and unavoidable reason to not re-apply. It's always so lovely to chat with customers and catch up with familiar faces that come through...I get excited about that!


What do you love about working with fashion?  What keeps you creatively motivated?
For me when I think of fashion, I think of fun. I never take it too seriously! A combination of dancing, music and travelling is what keeps me motivated. I can't sit
still.
 

 
 
Do you feel your label is evolving? If so, why and how?
I think the style of Jade Stone is still very much what I envisioned when I began – beautiful and mostly simple but sometimes edgy. I'm also finding that I still like to play with colour (depending of course, on my mood) even though black and browns are always the most popular and you can never go wrong, it's really satisfying when that one bright canary yellow clutch or cheeky turquoise tote is found by the right person!


What are your top three fashion staples?
Clean skin, good hair and nice manners.


What exciting personal and design-related projects do you have lined-up for 2014?
I've recently moved into an apartment that has this neat glass wall separating the study area from the lounge room. I'm super obsessed with the room and have begun the adventure of turning it into a little room of inspiration (something I've always dreamt of) and intend on filling it with matching stationary, all my music equipment and a sweet reading chair for when I'm making decisions. Besides that, other dance and Dj'ing fun is underway for 2014!

 
What can punters expect to find at the upcoming autumn market?
Unique pieces that are mostly one-of-a-kind. I've played around with more various bold colours to hopefully inspire more radiance leading into the colder months!


 
 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment