Monday 7 April 2014

Jewellery fit for a belle.


The lovely Rosefinch & Belle will return to Hustle&Scout this Saturday armed with lots of new handmade gorgeousness. Local designer, Andrea Wild, will be brining her finest collection of brooches, earrings and pendants created using painted glass, laser-cut wood, perspex and more.
 
I love the Rosefinch & Belle laser-cut wooden jewellery range - the signature fantail bird, in particular, adds just the right amount of quirk and character to an outfit. Being a cat lover, I find the perspex kitten brooches terribly cute, and as for those painted glass earrings, they explode with sparkles each time they catch the light - see for yourself this weekend! In the meantime, learn a little more about Andrea and her current projects for Rosefinch & Belle...
 
 



What is it about Hustle&Scout that made you want to re-apply to be a stallholder?
I had a stall at Hustle&Scout’s market last December. The market had a lovely feel, great food and such a diverse product range, with music and entertainment. The venue was fantastic and the layout of the market was fresh and interesting. I bought a red bangle, which is my new best friend. And I sold of lot of jewellery too!
What do you love about working with fashion?  What keeps you creatively motivated?
I love to experiment with fashion jewellery and never run out of new materials to play with, new colours to freshen up my classic pieces, and new ideas for totally different designs.
 
 
 
Do you feel your label is evolving? If so, why and how?
 
Rosefinch & Belle is moving into a niche space creating custom designs for clients whom you might not think of when you think of fashion jewellery. At the moment I am designing some science jewellery for CSIRO.
 
What exciting, design projects do you have in stall for 2014?
This year I am getting excited about printed Perspex, which is adding – quite literally – a whole new layer to my designs. Next on my list is to take photographs of clouds to print onto my ever-popular fantail bird brooches.
 
What can punters expect to find at the upcoming autumn market?
At the Autumn Hustle&Scout market I’ll be selling my new line of painted glass earrings, though my supply is getting a little low as I keep snapping them up to wear myself! I’ll also bring along a stash of my fantail bird brooches featuring antique wallpaper designs by Arts and Crafts designer William Morris.
 
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment