Sunday 6 April 2014

Wrap yourself warm this autumn.

Have you felt the change in the air? There's a crisp bite in the breeze, and the leaves are starting to turn all shades of yellow. As the full force of autumn slowly creeps our way, some of us start to contemplate the need for a dedicated afternoon of clearing out the wardrobe and re-stocking it with those winter woollies that have been packed away for the summer. If you're like me, you might even contemplate taking a shopping trip to scout for some fresh and colourful pieces to inject into what can sometimes be an uninspiring repertoire of winter blacks, greys and browns.
 
Megan Jackson will be back at Hustle&Scout this Saturday with a range of new scarves designed especially for your autumn/winter wardrobe. This multi-award winning local designer has been busy working away designing bold and playful new prints. Wrap yourself warm in these gorgeous hand-printed accessories, and feel good wearing them knowing you've supported a local designer whilst adding some character to your outfit. Megan will be one of the only stalls selling scarves so make sure you get in early! (Megan will be on the Hotel Hotel level).
 
 
 
 
What is it about Hustle&Scout that made you want to re-apply to be a stallholder?
A fabulous atmosphere, great selection of local designers and wonderful location. I loved being a part of the December event – it was a great experience, lots of fun and I am excited to be back with my latest collection in April!
 
What do you love about working with fashion? What keeps you creatively motivated?
I started out creating hand printed homewares and have been slowly moving into the fashion world with my scarf and pocket square collection. I design my scarves to be light enough to wear on a sunny day, yet still warm enough to wrap you and keep you warm on those chilly winter days. I love seeing people embracing pattern more and more and hope to expand my brand further into the fashion world in the future.
Keeping creatively motivated for me involves my obsessive daily trawl of Instagram, design blogs and the odd magazine here and there. I find that inspiration can come from the oddest place or at the strangest time, so my notebook is filled with ideas, shapes and sketches that I use and look too when I’m planning and designing new collections.
 
 
Do you feel your label is evolving? If so, why and how?
Definitely - I am constantly developing new ideas and products within my range and hope to have more of these ideas come to fruition in 2014. I think it is important to keep pushing the boundaries of design, working with new ideas and materials to keep your brand fresh and unique. I am gradually adding to my collection both in commission work and in my fashion and homewares collections.
 
What exciting, design projects do you have in stall for 2014?
I am very excited to be working with one of Canberra’s national cultural institutions on a new range of designs... to be revealed very soon!
 
What can punters expect to find at the upcoming autumn market?
I have been working away at my first collection of men’s pocket squares which I will be launching at the upcoming Hustle&Scout! You will also find beautiful new hand printed patterns in my latest scarf collection – the perfect (and must have!) autumn accessory.
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment