Sunday 15 March 2015

APPLEYE JEWELLERY (Debut Designer)


Tell us about Appleye Jewellery and what inspires your designs.
All our designs are handmade in our South Coast studio, which ensures we can keep a careful eye on quality control, as well as offering our fans original designs that are both inspired by nature and ethically produced.  We Take great pride in the sourcing of ethical raw materials.  As a result we only use Australian suppliers that support our eco ethos, by providing eco recycled, refined fine metals.  In our designing process we create designs that are for the every day jewellery wearer, whilst offering quality, beautiful unique jewellery, for beautifully unique people.



How did you get into making jewellery?
Appleye began out of the need to be available for family, whilst having a creative outlet working with my hands, that could also provide an extra income to help support the family.  I always been very crafty and able to use my hands to create all kinds of things over the years. Metals have long intrigued me and I really love texture.  Much of what I produce is self taught, along with a few courses to fill the gaps. I had considered getting my trade cert in Jewellery making. But when talking to trade friends, they strongly encouraged me to just keep doing what I was doing. They said that the techniques that I use they were never taught during their training. So I took their advice and Appleye is the result.


What brings you the most joy from your creative practice?
Having a full day in the studio with the music cranking, producing new pieces that I get to take to Markets. There is nothing quite so thrilling as someone who appreciates what you make, and is willing to invest in it. It’s both humbling and rewarding.
 
 

What can market-folk expect to find at the April event?
We have many new designs. Some of our popular textures we have expanded across our range, as well as some organic shapes. We have also added some gorgeous copper pieces to our collection.


What is it about Hustle&Scout that made you want to be a stallholder?
A love for fashion and food! Not much else to say really!


MY FAV THINGS


Guilty pleasure:  A good merlot

What you wanted to be when you grew up: An Artist -Musical Theatre

Fav fashion piece you own: Hard to pick just one! Usually though they are pieces that have been handmade by Aussie designers

Fav place to visit in Canberra: SoJo Girl (I’m a foodie)

Your role model/s: No one famous, just real people that I know well and that know me well. People who have invested in me and believed in me.
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment