Thursday 13 August 2015

Hana.


Tell us about your label, Hana, and what inspires your designs?
I immigrated from Iran to Australia around one and half years ago and I was exposed to the wonderful nature of Australia. My inspiration comes from Australian nature and I integrated it with my Persian background and that's why I named my collection "Immigration" as it gives my first impression of this country.

You showed your first major collection at this years’ FashFest, how did you like your debut appearance and Canberra’s largest annual fashion event?
Showing my designs at FashFest was a dream fulfillment for me. It was an unforgettable experience. I really enjoyed every minute of it even though I was under a lot of stress and pressure.


What brings you the most joy from your creative process?
I love the process of designing my fabrics as I feel that I can communicate through it with my audiences. Designing garments is very interesting for me too.


What item in your studio could you not live without and why?
Lol! The first thing that came to my mind was my unpicker. The truth is I have a small studio in my house but as I work by myself I felt so isolated so I moved from my studio to our dining room with a TV in it and I used to listen to music or listen to TV program during working. So TV is one essential item for my work.


What is it about Hustle&Scout that made you want to be involved?
I think Hustle&Scout is the only market in Canberra that focuses specifically on fashion. It is good to see the other designers and their designs plus I love its vibe and ambiance.


MY FAVE THINGS


One of my favourite things to do is riding a bicycle around the Lake Burley-Griffin in Canberra. It is very peaceful and I can be inspired a lot. One of my designs is a black swan from the lake that I photographed once during my ride.

Fave fashion piece you own: I have to fall in love with a fashion piece to buy it so it is a very hard question because I love almost all of my pieces. I have bought a dress from Carl Kapp recently that I love.

Australian Designer: Dion-Lee, romance was born, Carla Zampatti

What you wanted to be when you grew up: I wanted to be a lot of different things in different stages of my life from a politician to a dancer.

Country you have visited: I love travelling and anytime I could I did. I have visited Greece, France, Italy, Turkey, UK, Russia, China, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Germany, India, South Africa, Cyprus, Mauritius, and Philippine, and finally I am in Australia.



No comments :

Post a Comment