Sunday 2 March 2014

What are you wearing this fine Sunday?

Well, it seems only fitting, as we all contemplate our Sunday attire, that we take a quick look at one of our stallholders who has all of her Sunday best covered, and some. 'Dressed for Sunday' is an accessories and jewellery label,  which embraces and celebrates a love of vintage through materials, prints and textures. Designer Leah Bartsch, who is based in South Australia, has come from a family of sewers and has continued the tradition with her gorgeous range of handmade accessories. Thankfully, Leah has something for the guys as well as the gals...but, you better like colour and patterns because that's the only way to look Dressed for Sunday!
 
 

 
What is it about Hustle&Scout that made you want to re-apply to be a stallholder?
I attended the December market for the first time, and I have to say that the atmosphere was fantastic and all the lovely shoppers who stopped by were so appreciative of my work.  The experience really invigorated me and took me into 2014 on a high note.





What do you love about working with fashion? What keeps you creatively motivated?
I love creating beautiful things. It’s as simple as that. I’m only limited by my imagination, which can be challenging when things don’t quite work as I imagine they will. And that brings me to my creative motivation. New ideas keep me inspired. If I’m feeling unmotivated, bringing an idea to life helps me remember why I love this.
 
Do you feel your label is evolving? If so, why and how?
I think it’s always changing. Some things remain the same, while other things change. This can be due to fashions and fads changing. More often than not, it comes from a small spark of inspiration that slowly develops into something tangible and beautiful, exploring a new technique or, on a whim, bringing different materials together.


What exciting, design projects do you have in stall for 2014?
Well, at the end of March I’m starting a surface design course to start understanding the basics of creating patterns and repeat patterns. And then hopefully, in the not too distant future, I can start making things using fabrics that I’ve designed. I’m super excited about this!


What can punters expect to find at the upcoming autumn market?
I’ve been adding and tweaking parts of my collection. As well as my usual range of fabulously colourful ties, bow ties, belts and jewellery, I’ve added a brand new neck piece which uses fabric, wooden beads and cute coloured enamel metal flowers. If you jump onto my instagram feed (@dressedforsunday), you’ll be able to see a sneak peek of the prototype. I’ve also been playing around with my fabric covered bangles and added some embroidered detail.


 

No comments :

Post a Comment