Friday 21 November 2014

CLASSY GLASS DESIGNS


Tell us a little bit about Classy Glass Designs...

I began beading approximately ten years ago quite by accident.   I became addicted immediately.  After a few technique classes I was able to create pieces that were pure fantasy.

Where do you draw your inspiration from?
I look around the countryside for inspiration and colour and then use it to create.  I also love to put colours on a tray and see what comes out of it.  I am often asked where I get my creative ideas from and the answer is perceiving what is around me in the form of colour and shapes.  Being able to start with superior beads also helps.  The murano glass beads and silver lined beads are so beautiful that ideas can be found easily.  I sew on each bead separately and I only make one of a kind.

What brings you the most joy from your creative practise?

The greatest joy I get from my work is the smile on people’s faces when they see the jewellery.  Many are in awe of the work that goes into one piece and the colours are vibrant and inviting.


What made you want to apply to be a stall holder at Hustle&Scout?

Hustle&Scout has such a varied market of the highest quality and the “folk” are able to find something unique and original.  It is also a market where one can spend many hours just walking around and enjoying the day.
 
I love Hustle&Scout!  The people are all so friendly and willing to help.  They are a cut above many other markets in Canberra and they do honour the Canberra craft people.  I feel very privileged to be part of their group.      

                                                         

No comments :

Post a Comment