Wednesday 19 November 2014

DESERT POPPY


Tell us about Desert Poppy and why you decided to launch your label.
Desert Poppy designs and creates modern resort wear and kaftans.

Our philosophy is to provide a “one size fits most” garment to suit all shapes and sizes yet still be fashionable and exude elegance. This can be seen in the gorgeous designer fabrics which are sourced personally worldwide and also exclusively designed by the owner of the label. Desert Poppy is loved by women from 18-80 and looks stylish on all ages. The range is designed to be versatile enabling it to be worn to the beach or shopping and then glammed-up to look elegant at night.

The label was launched because of a desire and passion to unleash my creativity, with the knowledge that there was a void in the marketplace for modern resort wear designs and to have a change of career that would allow me to work from home.

What is your background in fashion design?
I have worked in the industry for most of my life. I have had practical hands on experience in the design and production of garments working for a well known surf brand. I have also previously created and marketed my own children's wear label which was very modern and funky and sold throughout Canberra and the region.


What brings you the most joy from your creative practise?
Designing a killer style that works for my market and designing great prints.


What can market folk expect to find at our November event?
My latest and exclusive 2014 summer styles including an array of modern and stylish designs which are created in standout prints and colours and gorgeous fabric textures.


What is it about Hustle&Scout that made you want to be a stallholder?
A prestigious outlet for sales and marketing and a focal coming together of talented and creative designers with a passion for fashion.



MY FAV THINGS


Guilty pleasure: A lovely glass of red.

First song on your ultimate mixtape: My Funny Valentine.

Fashion item you own: Stunning embroidered tunic from India.

About Canberra: Functional easy to live in city with much talent.

Thing you have made: A stunning designer studio at the back of my home and beautiful clothes for friends and a recently a stunning dress for my daughters formal.

No comments :

Post a Comment