Tuesday 10 December 2013

A kind of cosmic fashion...

We've got a real mix of fashion in store for you all this Saturday! On one end of the spectrum we have glam formalwear, and at the other end we have streetwear labels selling the good old basics. I Heart Threads is one of these labels, selling a range of long and short sleeved tees and hoodies - the staples to any man's wardrobe. I Heart Threads has something special about it though. Designer/artist, Kieran, features his own cosmic and psychedelic digital art on each garment. His designs are by no means boring, they are colourful explosions of all kinds of raw and fantastical illustrations. Some are statement pieces, others are a little more subtle, and the names of each design range from Butterfly Paint, to Cosmic Dunk and Nebula Pyramid. I Heart Threads usually have an online store so it will be a treat to have them at Hustle&Scout.



When and why did you start your own fashion label?
I’ve been into art my entire life and have been designing for well over the last 10 years, but had only used canvas as my medium. I actually started my clothing label after stumbling upon a really rad tee at Splendour in the Grass (years ago) and decided fashion was the way to go for me.  I therefore launched my label “I Heart Threads” earlier this year.


Where do you draw your inspiration from for your designs?
Living with Schizophrenia, I see the world in a different light.  My interests are music, science, skateboarding, philosophy and fashion. In terms of art, my inspiration stems from artists like M.C. Escher. As a musician also, I produce (music) and draw creativity from that. My art is an escape from my illness, which reveals my somewhat “psychedelic” outlook on life, whilst paradoxically being inspiration for my art.


Who is your target buyer?
Anyone and everyone! It started as males clothing, with ages varying from 18 – 35. I have now made the target buyer male & female, aged 18 – 65.


If you had the opportunity to design a fashion piece for anyone, who would it be?
Albert Einstein if he were alive. Otherwise Matt Bellamy (from MUSE).


What is your absolute favourite thing you have made? Why?
My first ever t-shirt design (“Piano Threads”), basically because I had a year or two away from designing and had I not designed that, I would never have returned to design and “I Heart Threads” would not exist.


What album or song would best describe what your label stands for?
I have to cheat and give 2: Any album from “Explosions in the sky” or “Justice” (“Cross” album).


Where do you aspire to be in 10 years from now? (HINT: dream BIG)
Being in a dope band and producing clothing at a well-respected level (actually making a living off my music and designs [basically])


What are 5 things you can’t live without?
My designing equipment (i.e. drawing tablet, Photoshop, Illustrator...)
My music equipment (i.e. piano, synth, guitars, pedals, amp, Ableton…)
The movie “Stay”
My music library
& my skateboard





No comments :

Post a Comment