Monday 2 December 2013

Blimey they're back!

Gents, fear not, Corr Blimey will be back on 14 December with their Criminal Vibes menswear range. For those of you who didn't get the chance to try or admire Corr Blimey's streetwear collection at the last market, think beautiful tailoring, quality fabrics and spunky design features (see below). A number of the Corr Blimey pieces are one-of-a-kind, limited editions, so guys can enjoy walking away with a truly special, unrivaled piece. Gone are the days where we relied on chain stores to feed us our fast fashion - Canberra is delivering some seriously good, locally designed fashion, and menswear is no exception. 

Louisa, one half of the duo behind the Corr Blimey label - which she and her partner Steve Wright established many moons ago - has given me a wonderfully honest and colourful reflection of the Corr Blimey story. I had a little chuckle at Louisa's answers...I tell ya, if you can't have a sense of humour in the fashion industry, then I think you're bound for a hard ride ahead.  

My hot tip? We will see a lot more of Corr Blimey in the years to come. 




When did you know you wanted to be a fashion designer?
I have always wanted to work in a design based industry but honestly I though it would be in ceramics. I hated textiles in high school so fashion was the last thing on my mind until I took it back up in college. Even then I didn't really set my mind on taking it further until I had spent a year studying Office Admin and thought I was going to die of boredom.


What sorts of pieces can chaps expect to find at the next Hustle&Scout market?
We will have our staples like our signature Rodeo jeans and classic Tee but will mix in some of our new DC pants and shorts. We'll also have some of our limited edition pieces so once they're gone...they won't be seen again!


If you had the opportunity to dress anyone who would it be and why?
That's a really a tough question. Maybe Tilda Swinton because she is so androgynous and dares to be different but not in a Lady Gaga kind of way though it would be awesome to dress her too.


What is your absolutely favourite thing have made? Why?
Our FashFest collection this year was probably my favourite just because it was challenging creating those silhouettes and working with new fabrics. I like anything that is a challenge and pushes my limits.


Where do you hope to be in 10 years time?
I'd like to be living overseas somewhere hopefully either New York or Germany. It would take me 10 years to learn the German. I don't know if I would necessary be still designing but I'd still like to be involved in the industry or creative arts.

What are the five things you can't live without?
I'm ashamed to say my phone, a notebook and pen, music and sunglasses.......of course Steve would have to be wearing the sunglasses so I could take him and my cats would be carrying my phone and stationary. I'm always looking for loop holes.

What's on the cards for Corr Blimey 2014?
I'm really hoping to be part of Fashfest again next year and taking our label interstate. Hoping to fit in some overseas travel to see what opportunities are out there for slow fashion.



No comments :

Post a Comment