Monday 9 December 2013

Handbags galore!

It is funny how when you are a child, an experience, a person or an object can play a huge part in adjusting your life's path. For Jade Stone, it was the combination of a gifted leather handbag from her Grandparents, mixed with her Mother's influence that kick-started her interest in designing her own line of handbags. After Jade's recent success in performing on Australia's Got Talent with Girl Class, I'm not too sure how she finds the time to maintain a handbag label...but she does, and she will be at Hustle&Scout with bells on this Saturday with her beautiful designs! 


How did you get into designing handbags?
Growing up we were unable to afford the designer labels I adored so from a young age, I was dedicated to modifying and creating pieces for my wardrobe to fit and look how I particularly wanted them to. I learnt to utilise and appreciate what I was lucky enough to receive and in fact, I still cherish a soft tan leather backpack my Grandparents gave to me as a child. It was then that I began to fall in love with leather bags. I'd say the combination of my belief that quality should be attainable and my Mother's influence is why Jade Stone exists.


How would you describe your label’s design aesthetic?
Elegant but with a sense of rawness – often versatile in style. I hope that women from all walks of life could see one of my designs and relate to it somehow.


Where do you draw your inspiration from for your designs?
My best ideas for a design form when I'm feeling free and beautiful – dance, music, travelling and nature spark those feelings for me.


If you had the opportunity to design a fashion piece for anyone, who would it be?
Kate Moss.


What is your absolute favourite thing you have made? Why?
My absolute favourite piece is the Aiyanna textured leather shoulder bag in black. It has three layers of long leather fringes - I consider it to be a subtle statement piece... It was also the first bag I designed when I began Jade Stone :)




Where do you aspire to be in 10 years from now? (Hint: dream BIG)
Constantly travelling to exotic places to source inspiration for new collections and performing at major events around the world! All of that plus a beautiful home in the country with fresh decor, sweet flowers and a family. 


What are 5 things you can’t live without?
Music, exercise, fresh flowers, the internet and a well-brewed cappuccino.


What next?

While I work through my plans for Jade Stone and upcoming gigs, a relaxing beach holiday is on the cards! 



No comments :

Post a Comment