Wednesday 4 December 2013

Fun and fantastical fashion...for men.

'Perpetually Five' is the cool, quirky and colourful label by CIT graduate,  Mitchell Thompson. Mitch's garments are inspired by the endless source of creativity that children provide, and intend to give guys more options to express their personalities through fashion. Mitch draws his inspiration from a variety of sources, for example, he recently visited a school to do Mr Squiggle activities with children to get ideas from their drawings. If that is not the sign of a dedicated designer, I don't know what is. 

There is a growing movement in men's fashion, in which the traditional men's uniform is evolving into something more vibrant and expressive. It was great having Mitch participate in the inaugural Hustle&Scout for this reason - I firmly believe we need more menswear designers out there who are willing to take some risks with their design. Mitch will be one of 5 menswear designers at the next market, which is exciting considering ANY menswear stall is often hard to come by at markets. Make sure you get down on the 14th and check out the Perpetually Five goodies - there will be t-shirts, accessories and some of the iconic print pieces that we saw on the Fashfest stage earlier this year...




When did you know you wanted to become a fashion designer?
I have always had an interest in fashion. It was about 4 years ago when I decided I wanted to create clothes.

Where do you draw your inspiration from?
My inspiration comes from can come from anywhere. It has to be something that I can have fun with.

Who is the Perpetually Five customer? 
My customer is someone that likes to have fun with fashion, someone who wants to express their unique personality and stand out in the crowd.

 If you could dress anyone in Perpetually Five gear, who would it be?
I would like to dress the band Architecture in Helsinki.


What is your most favourite piece you have made? Why?
 My favourite thing that I have made is my monster jumper. Its fun, colourful and functional as the monster can be changed into a pocket.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
I would like to be able to be doing fashion full time and running a successful business.

What are 5 things you can't live without?
Family
Friends
Music
Brushing my teeth

Water






No comments :

Post a Comment