Wednesday 25 June 2014

Getting to know Leatheron...

Tell us a bit about your label and what marketeers can expect to find at the winter market.

Leatheron is about applying leather to apparel fashion without compromising the design. I created my label to give my customers the opportunity for their style to be unique and to empower them to have individual character, presence and confidence!

Marketeers can expect to find some of my current collection Guns & Roses, which was influenced from the notion of contrasting war and love. I took raw military looks and added floral shapes and finishing detail touches.
 
 
I will also be showcasing my next collection 11kingdoms, which was inspired from Games of Thrones. This collection was all about bringing ancient customs and making them ready to wear for the modern office. I am looking for that ‘power executive’ look. We are all modern warriors battling to be the best and take the ‘throne’. I also took inspiration of different race’s ancient warriors, such as the Samurai.




What is it about Hustle&Scout that made you want to apply to be a stallholder?
I had too many designer friends and the organisers of Canberra Handmade recommend it!



MY FAV THINGS.


Guilty pleasure?
Designing, because I get along time to really think and connect with my idea and the process of creating that into reality. Fishing, because you never know what can happen!

Board game?
The classic Monopoly, so I can dominate J

Thing to cook to impress someone?
Garlic prawns, Stir Fry, Pasta, because I have done them many times and they taste amazing!

Place to unwind in Canberra?
In my hotel room, because every time I am in Canberra I am so tired from trading at the markets.

Song to dance to?
All pop and RnB, it’s upbeat and FUN!






 


No comments :

Post a Comment