Tuesday 3 June 2014

 The GETTING TO KNOW Series.

Want to get a little bit more info on the 17 new stallholders that will be joining us at Hustle&Scout on 5 July? In the lead-up to our next market, we will be posting a series of 'Getting to know' features - short and fun convos with our new designers to give you a brief intro to their label and some of their favourite things. Our first convo is with Caitlin Jolly, local designer and creative force behind Caitlin Elizabeth Textile Design.
 
Tell us a bit about your label and what marketeers can expect to find at the winter market.
My products reflect my love for fabric dyeing and painting. I create unique, beautiful silk scarves designed for women who love to be that little bit different with their fashion choices. All my scarves are individually hand dyed and painted resulting in one-off patterns, making them even more special. Marketeers can expect an explosion of colour at my stall and I will also have some brand new cotton scarves making their debut at the winter market.







 

What is it about Hustle&Scout that made you want to apply to be a stallholder?
I went to the Hustle&Scout markets last year and thought that they were amazing. It’s such a great collective of local and regional talent and the atmosphere actually reminded me of little local markets that I used to attend around Christmas time when I lived in England. Having just started by business this year I thought Hustle&Scout would be a fabulous launching pad for my product. The event has such a variety of people to mix and mingle with and it will be great to be a part of such an innovative event supporting local designers.
 
 

MY FAV THINGS.


Guilty pleasure: Watching the tv show ‘Seventh Heaven’. It’s fun and educational!


Board game: Mouse trap! The thrill never gets old when you finally trap that darn mouse.


Thing to cook to impress someone: Hmmm...I do a mean stirfry.

Place to unwind in Canberra: I unwind by dancing so... Kokoloco Dance Studio. I find it hard to sit still and do nothing so why not get up and dance!

Song to dance to: ‘Run the World’ by Beyonce because who doesn’t love a good girl power song.

 
For more, check out Caitlin's Facebook Page or Etsy shop. 


 

No comments :

Post a Comment