Monday 9 June 2014

Getting to know Yumi Morrissey of Zilpah Tart...


Tell us a bit about your label and what marketeers can expect to find at the winter market.

Zilpah tart is unique and feminine.  I use a lot of bright colours and bold prints in both handbags and clothing.  I've been working on some layered dresses which will definitely make you stand out in a crowd for all the right reasons, along with some great draped jackets with bright printed linings showing through from the inside. I'll have a range of handbags in Japanese printed cotton as well as accessories to match.





What is it about Hustle&Scout that made you want to apply to be a stallholder?


Hustle & Scout has a really refreshing vibe for a market.  It's young, it's fun, and it's about supporting local designers.  The location is great and really adds to the atmosphere.  The market draws a great crowd of people who are interested in Canberra's local design talent and I can't wait to share my design with them.


MY FAV THINGS.

I love Japanese things.  Japanese do 'beautiful' and 'cute' very well.  From printed fabric to nick-nacks, I just love to have them!  I've been to Japan twice now, and it's such a beautiful place.  My favourite store in all of Japan has to be 'Tomato', a five story shop jam-packed with Japanese fabric.  I went 5 days in a row, buying more fabric each day, sending home over 500 meters!

 
Guilty pleasure?
Ice cream.  I can't go by a night without it!  If I could survive on icecream, I probably would!

Board game?
It's been a really long time since I've played board games.  But my favourite board game as a kid was 'Trouble'.  Only, playing was made quite difficult with our cat Minerva who used to think it was great fun to steal the pieces!

Thing to cook to impress someone?
I love to cook Tapas when I have people over for dinner.  Not only can you make some delicious Tapas, its great having all the food in the middle of the table for people to help themselves.  A small taste of so many delicious flavours!

Place to unwind in Canberra?
I absolutely love the Arboretum.  For me it's probably the most beautiful place in Canberra.  It gives me an instant feeling of calm and happiness watching over the beautiful view.



Song to dance to?
I'm a pop girl, so I love to dance to anything upbeat from Beyonce, Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake, Britney etc.  I also really enjoy Ellie Goulding.  And it has got to be music you can sing to at the same time!



No comments :

Post a Comment