Sunday 29 June 2014

STYLE SCOUTERS.

At this Saturday's Hustle&Scout Winter Warm-Up market, you may see these two lovely ladies wandering around. Don't be shocked when you find them looking at YOU rather than the flurry of fashion stalls around them. Why is this, you ask?

Introducing, our Style Scouters.

Canberra Fashion bloggers, Jiawa from Closet Voyage and Heather from Heat Storm, will hit the NewActon Nishi in search of Canberra's finest fashionistas. They will be armed with their large-lensed cameras on a mission to show-off Canberra's most stylish. Tonight we catch up with them for a quick chat about their mutual love for fashion and what they'll be looking out for on the night...


Heather and Jiawa.

What inspired you to start your own fashion blog?

Jiawa: We put a lot of effort into shopping and styling ourselves, so isn’t it a pity that only a few people get to see the outfits we put together every day? I started my blog because I just loved the idea of being able to share my personal style with fashionistas all around the world.

Heather: I was doing a web design course for my bachelor's degree, and one of our assignments was designing our own blog. Consequently I was doing a lot of research online and fell in love with Rumi Neely's blog, Fashion Toast. After that, I decided to start my own website, and five years later I'm still so passionate about it, especially now that I've met so many other like minded bloggers here in Canberra.


What will you be looking out for on the night?

Jiawa: I’ll be looking out for people who wear what they love, and love what they wear. They will be people who have clearly put thought into their head to toe style, down to the accessories.

Heather: I'll be looking for fashion with a capital F. I love bright colours, and people who aren't afraid to have a bit of fun with their outfits.


What are your style tips for this Winter?

Jiawa: This winter, investing in quality basics is key: a great fitting pair of jeans, a few chunky knits, a quality wool coat – pieces that easily mix, match and layer, for lots of outfit combinations.

Heather: Pretend you're an ice princess. Great a great fur coat (or fake fur if you prefer) and bundle up with cute scarves, beanies and mittens.


Do you think the fashion scene in Canberra is on the rise? Why?

Jiawa: In the past few years I’ve seen Canberra’s fashion scene blossom, everywhere I look. I believe it’s because one person’s initiative inspires others, so more and more new fashion concepts and events are popping up all the time.

Heather: Absolutely. With events like FASHFEST and Hustle&Scout, the fashion community here is really coming together and challenging each other to achieve more and more. There's a perception that all Canberrans just wear boring office attire, but I love heading to the markets or into Braddon and checking out all the interesting people.

Style Scouters in action... 







No comments :

Post a Comment