Sunday 15 June 2014

Getting to know Rochelle from Summerblossom...

Tell us a bit about your label and what marketeers can expect to find at the winter market.

Made from beautiful, high quality materials, silks and the odd subtle sparkle, Summerblossom accessories are made by hand and with heart. The Summerblossom collection is made up of a range of whimsical floral goodness including hair pins, hippy wraps, headbands, clips and combs. And because they’re entirely handmade in Australia, they’re the perfect alternative for the thoughtful consumer.

For Hustle&Scout we are making some really beautiful flower crowns, warm headband wraps (perfect for ACT winters!) and chain headpieces, and we’ll also be packing our signature range of silk flowers and headbands.
 
 
What is it about Hustle&Scout that made you want to apply to be a stallholder?

Firstly, I just love Canberra, it’s such a beautiful city that I always love visiting. I’d heard some really rave reviews of Hustle&Scout from a few Sydney designers and a friend who lives in Canberra. I popped onto the Hustle&Scout website to investigate further. I saw the super-sweet video, adorable branding and the interesting venue and immediately thought “this looks like the perfect fit for Summerblossom!”.

When I first started my label I did every market I possibly could (workaholic much?) but these days I’m much more selective because I think that awesome markets with top notch stallholders reflect so much better on individual brands, and that’s much more important to me now that I’ve had a little experience. I cannot wait to see my lovely ACT customers in July! 


 


MY FAV THINGS.

 
Guilty pleasure?
Pretending I’m “exercising” when I really just ride my bike (very slowly) to Centennial Park then just sit next to a tree, soak up some sun and Instagram. Plus I’m guilty of pinning and reposting a million of those pretty/daggy images with inspirational quotes!

Board game?
Hands down Monopoly Millionaire cards! It’s like traditional Monopoly in a way but there’s no board, just playing cards. Seriously, my friends and family were all a little sceptical, then one game in and everyone who plays becomes obsessed.

Thing to cook to impress someone?
I love cooking, but I’m a little fussy (vegetarian and mostly vegan/gluten-free - geez!) so I don’t think my meals really impress people who aren’t like me, ha. Although that said, my green veggie curry with coconut rice is a bit of a crown pleaser. Oh and then there’s this potato/cashew/curry pie my family just loves. I wish I could bake, but I can’t! I pin stacks of beautiful cakes and slice on Pinterest, but every time I attempt one they fail miserably. 

Place to unwind in Canberra?
Hands down my favourite place in Canberra is my friend Bec’s place. It’s adorable. She loves craft too, has the best art prints all over the wall - candles galore. Her whole house could be straight from the pages of Frankie Magazine. Plus the awesome company. I also love the dumplings at this one restaurant in Dickson.

Song to dance to? Beyonce's “Love on top”… or anything by Kimbra or Solange. 
 


"I believe with every essence of my being that all women and girls are truly beautiful. Too often we're told we are not good enough for various fashion trends and labels. Which is why I created Summerblossom; a brand that is truly accessible for any girl and encourages you to embrace a positive body image and feel beautiful as you skip out the door with a flower in your hair."
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment