Friday 5 June 2015

Bobbins n Bliss.


Tell us about Bobbins N Bliss and how it all began...
Five years ago Bobbins n Bliss had humble beginnings as a children's clothing label, sourcing 100% vintage and reclaimed fabrics to create one off pieces for uniquely beautiful kiddies. Very quickly, and with great encouragement from our followers, our designs evolved to our current adult range. It has always been a fierce passion for design and originality that drives me. I was born in Argentina to a family of women who made clothes as their profession, so it was a natural transition for me to stay true to making all my own designs, patterns and crafting every item as a one off, handmade piece.

My label is edgy, daring and definitely stands on its own, which is just the way I like it... :)




What are some sustainable aspects to your label?
Keeping it in the family, we make EVERYTHING directly from our studio on the beach. Wherever possible we source our textiles from ethical origins, small fellow family businesses, vintage and salvaged fibres or, when needed (and if time permits) make our own. Shopping for clothes should be fun and guilt-free.


What do you do to keep you creatively motivated?
Explore Melbourne... I love my city and it is definitely my muse. It’s weather, its people, its alley ways, music and art, are by far, great catalysts to who i have become and how i design. It has a ‘no fear’ attitude that greatly inspired me when i was growing up. Melbourne's creative energy dares you to push the boundaries and stand true to your individuality.


Describe your workspace and a typical work day...
I am blessed to work in a beautiful studio right on the beach in Chelsea above a retail store that (conveniently) also stocks our range and has a beautiful organic cafe. So, wake up early and drop the kiddies off to school, into the studio with coffee in hand to get straight into it. Depending on order levels, I could be cutting all day, constructing and finishing garments, screen printing, felting or have my sketch book out designing new ideas.


What is it about Hustle&Scout that made you want to be a stall holder?
I am very excited for the experience of standing alone side my fellow Australian Indie designers. Hustle&Scout is providing a wonderful opportunity for creatives to come together and show their talents on a stage that is purely fashion driven. I think that’s fantastic.

 

MY FAVE THINGS


Guilty pleasure:
Staying up till all hours of the night (I hate myself in the morning.)

What you wanted to be when you grew up:
I have always been creative, I dreamt of becoming a famous painter.


Fave fashion piece you own:
A very old, but beautiful Argentinian leather shoulder bag that has been with me through my travels for many years.

One place you’d like to visit when in Hobart:
ALL OF IT!!

Your role model/s:
My role models are definitely the women in my family, they are strong creative people with fearless attitudes. They have always been their pushing me to dare to dream big.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment